Journaling: An End of Year Must Do.
As the year 2017 nears an end and we enter the Holiday season, it is the perfect time for some good ol' fashioned Reflection time! We kicked off our year with self-love and self-motivation, did our mid-year check ins to stay on track, and sipped Hope Tea for some career and life inspiration from Epic women who are paving the way. Now its time to take a deep breath and look at our year with fresh eyes, open hearts, and clear minds.
Journaling has been regarded throughout time as one of the most necessary modes of therapy and reflection. Prescribed daily by doctors, therapists, and mental/spiritual health professionals across the globe. As we have discussed in the past, everyone has their own unique way of writing and expressing their feelings. Whether it be in lists, classic dear diary style, poems, etc. it is important that we give ourselves the opportunity to be honest and free within our expressions and self evaluations, so that we may grow and progress accurately. I know, I know, it can totally be a drag to get vulnerable.. even with ourselves, but I promise you'll feel better when you know whats "real"! Here, I am going to share some suggested evaluations to not only examine your year, but to prepare mentally for the next!
“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” —William Wordsworth
Suggestions (a few):
- What were my goals at the beginning of the year
- What ideals did I bring to fruition this year
- What ideals did I give birth to this year
- What goals/ideals did I Not address this year
- What prohibited me from achieving or giving life to those unaddressed goals
- How did I feel Mentally, Emotionally, Spiritually in each season of this year
- Why did I feel each of those ways
- How do I feel Mentally, Emotionally, Spiritually right now
- What positive new relationships have I gained this year
- What negative relationships have I or do I need to address (or give space to) before going into my new year
- What have I learned about myself and my abilities this year (Self Control, Focus, Physical, Emotional, Spiritual, love)
- How was I as a Friend this year
- How was I as a Family member this year - and How can I do better
- How was I as a team player this year
- In what ways did I show myself Love this year
- How did I manage my Finances this year
- What do I need to do before the end of the year and in the holiday season to ensure positive or progressive Financial standing
- What things did I "truthfully" prioritize this year
- What things should I have prioritized this year
- What should I prioritize in closing out the year
- List general ideals for 2018 (we will be making our Vision Boards in January)!
We Got This!!